Re: water to the thursty, recommend some ebooks, please.

Sounds interesting and definitely worth reading, there actually aren't that many dolphin stories though i have noticed dolphins come up in other series, eg, Anne Mccaffry's dragon riders (she even has a hole book dedicated to them, the dolphins of pern), or Alan Dean Foster's spellsinger, which is about a fantasy world populated by anthropolmorphic animals and there is a section involving dolphins.

I think though Brin is the first author I've seen who actually writes about dolphins as distinct and realistic characters, ---- and interestingly enough, not just nice ones either, since some of the dolphin characters in Star tide are definitely not! pleasant people, albeit are anything but two dimentional.

i'll have to see if I can get Tui allen's story in audio, since I really! don't like reading stuff actual literature with a synth voice. The Rhythm, the cadence, especially in dialogue it's just off putting to me. I try with each new synth that comes out, and I have played through games like the Cog titles, but I've never found one that is adequate, indeed the only full length book I've read with a synth (other than text books), is the falcon banner series because I couldn't get them any other way, though even there I did find myself becoming disengaged and occasionally losing the plot.