stuck in paladin of the sky

hi all.
SO, the tittle allready told you the problem, i'm gonna explain where i'm stuck. After I left from heaven, they really had good food there, I went to sleep with ross, I went prast the crisscrossing of corridors and then, Kelly and her dream in my whai, I killed something in the restaurant, and then the dream dissolved.
I saved my game at a checkpoint, and... bum! storyline showing up. a demon was torturing ross and I needed to use a character to beat him. the problem is, whatever I do, his health remains the same. any hints or clues? I tried shauna too, but no improvements. 100% health