Re: eloquence 4.7 for nvda

This is how I, personally, think things should work. Note that I know they don't work like this, and I'm sure there are some problems with this reasoning.

If a company discontinues or abandons a product and doesn't sell it to another company so it can be distributed, then people should be allowed to redistribute the product as long as it isn't being done for commercial gain. That part might be rather difficult to enforce though. I imagine all the copyright laws are there so people can make money from what they produce as that's how some people make a living. If they're no longer providing the product, then I see no real reason why they should have a problem with someone else copying it provided they're not making any money doing so. If they want money from it, then they should license someone else to distribute it.

If a company wishes to take legal action against people distributing a product under the above terms, then they should be required to distribute the product again. It seems only fair to everyone involved.