There is no move like Protect in the manamon game (protect basically guarantees that the next attack won't hit you, but it gets increasingly more likely to fail if you use it consecutively), so wearing down foes with scorch or poison or plague damage isn't really a viable strategy. It's largely luck, and most manamon barring maybe Kinidul can't take hits over and over again unless you want to mighty-herb your way to cheap victory.
All this is to say that putting points into defense is something I uslally only do for symmetry. If I've got something that's got 109 defense and 106 special defense, sometimes I'll put points into the lower stat to make it even with the higher one. Beyond that though, it's pretty much attack and speed all the way.

No, tamer manamon don't have different stats, and I've taken relatively small damage in the scenario you mentioned. If you took bigger damage, are you sure it wasn't a crit? Was there a large level difference in the enemy's favour? Does your Enchandithol have a particularly bad defense stat? Any or all of these factors could be playing into how much damage you're taking from Scourge Tail from a foe Enchandithol.

Would love, love, love to see a protect-like move introduced into manamon. This would give a stall strategy some viability. Sansurgion should get it, for sure. Ratiera would get stronger if he got it. Viralite and Ghoperto would also get somewhat stronger for it. But yeah. Without it, Toxic (sorry, Pollution Solution) is an annoyance; by the time you kill the enemy manamon, you've taken a little extra damage and that's it.

On a different note, why do we have Obscure and Smoke Shield when they do exactly the same thing (raise evasiveness)? I suppose pokemon had both Minimize and Double Team, but Minimize at least had the weird after-effect that you would get hurt more by Stomp if it was used on you. Smoke Shield and O bscure are, as far as I know, functionally identical. Ditto Roar and Sharpen. Ditto Thicken and Guard Up. Ditto Solar Conversion and Call to Arms. Ditto Glare and Stunning Call. Ditto Stagnant Goo and I think Evil Eyes? Lots of repeat moves that basically do the same thing, and so, so, so many missing moves/wonky moves/under-represented types.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FeatheryPeachKitsune via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Loxias via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : enes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector