Modifying eSpeak Consonants

Hello all,
Someone recently told me that it was possible to modify or add NVDA's voices. A friend of mine had a voice of eSpeak that is based on the Max voice, except that it annunciates its consonants a lot better than they usually do.
as a person who suffers from hearing loss, I was surprised that something like that is possible. I constantly play gams on RS and Playroom, and an issue I keep having is not being able to distinguish the difference between Ace and 8. They all sound the same to me.
Now, I wear hearing aids in which the sounds are transposed, so that the S and other sounds would sound darker than they were originally. Of course, if you have perfect pitch, you might find this hard to get used to, unless you found a way to turn it off.
So my question is, is there a way to do this? If so, what would I need to do? If you can provide a detailed list of instructions that would be sincerely appreciated.
Best,
-Ulysses