Re: water to the thursty, recommend some ebooks, please.

Ahoy there

I actually am in the middle of the city of mirrors and so far I feel its picking up to going good again after the passage
I don't really know what it was about the 12 but the characters felt a bit different? or not the same as they were in the first book
I.E alisha (hope I haven't mangled her name up)

I don't really go for all this love amd romance stuff in books because I feel more often than not they are nothing but fluf added for the people who enjoy that kind of thing or think things like that actually happen. My thought on love and romances aside, Justin cronin has really done a fabulous job with the city of mirrors specially 0's background, I think that's my favorite ark of the whole series.
All the good and the bad and the rest form together a mixture of what I' call is a human and a human life.
Although be it a rather dark one, considering the things he ended up doing.

I realised why I missed ou t on reading the HMS Ulysses even though I had it and was interested just from its names.
Its because I got it in the days when  there was no amazon kindle and hardly any accessible books to read, turns out it was a pdf containing nothing but images.
Thanks  for giving me a reminder about this one. now to see if I can find it either on bookshare or kindle unlimited?

The masters of rome series is indeed excellent, in fact its one of the series I have reread which I don't do very often.
It paints quite a good picture of the hole old roman civilization and how the people actually lived back then, and aye in certain ways its like the game of thrones, what with characters trying to be the masters of rome big_smile
Although I really wasn't a fan of the last book in the series,but I'll let you reach your own conclusion after you are done readin g.
and indeed I'd be interested to here your reviews on em when you are done reading.

and aye, you've indeed recommended the William horwood before and I have tried his books a few times, but again I think it was duncton wood that started a bit romancy for my liking.
I.E the main mole meeting the female,and they both having that instent lovey dovey connection?

I totally agree about cornwells warlord series, although my favorite would probably be the Saxon Chronicles much owing to the style and manner of the main protagonist which I can't help but like
I intend to go on with the first book in the warlord series as soon as justin cronin lets me go big_smile

grryf