Re: eloquence 4.7 for nvda

@Figment,
it only took some 300 years for other races to truly get their foot in the door where legal rights are the case, if you're going to discuss what's legal in America.  Even today, where legality is concerned, I believe the issue is a greater one called inequality.  the same holds true for the blind community.  Let me respectfully ask you a question: hypothetically supposing wheelchairs were at some point made illegal because they make great housing for weapons of mass destruction, would you then say to a paraplegic that he just needs to deal and look for someone to carry him wherever he goes for the rest of his life?
You can sit here and tell me such a thing does not make sense, that it'll never happen, that humanity is greater than that, but things like that have, and will continue to happen because legislators forget who they serve and focus on what makes their backers the most money.  Three-d printing is being heavily debated as we speak; the possibility that people will be able to print their own shoes, clothes and other products at home has corporations wondering what will happen to them and their business.  If we suddenly discover a dirt cheap way of harnessing water for ourselves, you can believe Nestlé is going to have something to say about it.  do you have a right to your DNA information?  do you have the right to an education?  do you have the right to banking?  If obtaining the information to all of those is suddenly devoid of physical interaction and physical presence and instead requires your online presence, is internet a privilege or a right?  if it is a right, then what about electricity?  Should we be writing those into the constitution?
My point is simply this; right now, many laws don't make sense, and we have politicians in office that are either driven by money or fear.  You can sit here and call everyone a crook because they are disregarding laws you hold dear to your heart, laws that you follow by principle because they are laws, but if FS were to gain a patent to the word screen reader tomorrow and anyone who develops a screen reader suddenly had to pay FS for every single time their product were used by virtue of the fact that it is a screen reader, if nuance were to suddenly gain access to a patent that required anyone else who dealt with vocal synthesis to pay a nice sum by virtue of what their software or hardware is, you'd better believe things would get harder for the blind community, and this is the place they'd come to try and ease that difficulty.  In providing accessible games, we stand for accessibility... Equal accessibility... Something all your legalistic corporations who are absolutely and truly just with their legal rights don't seem to care about anymore, or maybe, they never did.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Riad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector