Re: some very quick questions for dark and others

No idea on the exe files or other things.
I am still using xp, and given the problems I've had with my lady's computer and windows 7, (silly layout, outlook being a bastard, idiotic things in explorer),  I am not sorry to be doing so, though i confess the number of things xp doesn't work with these days is prohibitive so I'll be getting a windows 10 machine later this year.

(I don't expect windows 10 to be that much better than 7, but if I must have crap it might as well be the latest crap, and windows 10 does at least have an alternative to outlook for male).

For an antivirus I use avg, also C cleaner and malware bites to fix general problems.

As to what doesn't work though, the unfortunate answer is actually quite a few things things days, a lot of newer programs and games (even those like games from Vgstorm which should! work with xp), as well as quite a few things on the internet. Heck if it weren't for finishin g my doctoral thesis I'd probably get a inwdows 10 machine now.

you can get around the utube problem by using yourtube, but other sites are causing problms, including a lot of general utility ones like google drive.

So yes, i like Xp and still believe microsoft should just make a more uptodate xp rather than all this other crap with their cruddy 3D and such, particularly to support 30 years worth of sotware, but hay as per usual microsoft is the only opinion that matters, they want more money and that is that, still I buy computers for what they do not anything else and it's trivially true windows is still the operating system with the most support in terms of games etc so I'm stuck with microsoft even though i don't agree with anything they've done since they stopped supporting xp, and I suspect windows 10 will be annoying, though at least it doesn't have the crappitude of outlook as a male program (what the hell was wrong with outlook exp ress?).

Oh,