Re: Digital recorders: Any recommendations?

Hmmm.
Hi locutus, who'd have thought the borg need to worry about voice recorders, I mean essentually you guys have unlimited computer power, cloud storage and it is assumed that you have a custom os and like a universe fof memmory and storage probably flash or something.
For myself the olympus stuff is good but a bit expensive.
Zoon seems ok to, as well as things like the old edorol units as far as I know.
I have 2 units a soni icd px 380, and a ux60  as well as an sx35.
All have served me, the 35 is dead now, the ux is small but I still use it for the single battery it prevides and the px is good enough.
Soni have several icd units available, sx is their professional line well ultimit line, px is their pro version for computer pc conectivity ax is their translation type thing and ux if I remember is their ultraslim portable.
However  I have not needed to upgrade for 3 years since I got the px 380 it is not exactly like I need ano ther device.
The only issue  I would have with these units is the fact that sound from the recorder itself is a pile of crap.
The sound of the outputted recordings is really good for general recording and better with a mic.
The only downside is that the software on the recorder and also on windows just is not accessible.
It used to be when I got the fist sx I owned but both devices have become less accessible to the point of the ux which is ok but not to good.
My px is good, the only thing is the menu is not  accessible its not needed and neither is the software for extra features like music storage.
I have yet to find out about what size of micro sd I need to fit in it.
You also need a lanyard for it.
To be honest, you may find it easier to get something small and crappy that can hook to your smart phone or get a netbook or some sort of tablet  to record with for what you do.
My field recorder is good but I'd never us e it for production quality recording, I have 2 cheap soundcards, well one was relitively cheap, and 1 came with headsets, but still.
On a sub note and completely off the topic for a nanoseccond I just found out one of my distant cousins is ciue, got me chuckling, I have a cousin that is q, but no one in my family digs trek so I keep that to myself.