Re: water to the thursty, recommend some ebooks, please.

Ahoy there

Finished reading the city of mirrors today, more like yesterday since I've just gotten up, atended college and am now sitting down to write this but eh. big_smile
If I had to rate all the books in the passage trilogy I'd rate the passage highest, with perhaps phannings background in the city of mirrors along with it,
City of mirrors after the the passage and the 12 after that.

What I mean by characters feeling a bit different  in the 12 from the passage is,they did not really seemed the same people as they were by the end of the passage. nothing big mind you,but just little things here and there that made me think I was reading about slightly redesign versions of the characters I had come to like in the passage

They are still excellent reads, for all that,though. Like I said, Justin Cronin is a fantastic writer although I hope his o ther books aren't as full of religious fervor as the passage trilogy was, although I think he didn't let that get it too out of hand as some other authors tend to.

Dark, if the warlord series is your favourite out of all bernard cornwell's works, then I think you'd defenatly enjoy the Saxon Chronicles
Its a bit of sharpe and Derfel mixed in one
As to having too many things to read, I say that's never a bad thing in my book big_smile

Talking of cornwell makes me want to continue on with the warlord series so I think that is what I'll do next, although I really like the sound of Gallows thief...
decisions, decisions!

I'm fine with romance really, as long as it comes slow, is done realistically, and doesn't have too much fluff
Romance also being central to the plot I.E the main line while everything else takes th e second seat to it, I don't tend to enjoy much, but I've always liked the sound of the duncton series the way you described it, its just the romance in the very beginning and the way it was done, made me think oh my god. if the beginning is like this what of the rest...
Although all your recommendations so far have been quite excellent and just my sort of thing so  I'll give this a go again

I think I'll read through the winter king (I'm so much a fan of GOT that anything with winter in it makes me go, winter is coming) lol
first, then start with some of these awesome sounding books just for variety or a change,as it were.

Reading/listening to a book through a synth or a narrator I guess comes down to nothing but personal preference in the end, I guess but then again I guess I have been spoiled by listening to stephen fry as my very first nar rator and jim dail that other narrators just seem a bit bland in comparison.
At dark, speaking of listening to books, and narrators I can't stand, how did you manage to go through the entire  song of ice and fire (GOT) with roy dotrice as the narrator?
Oh my god, but IMO he is one of the most acclaimed and the worse reader of books I have ever come across...
I was hoping that the series had a alternate narrator, but that came to nothing in the end with john lee having read only 1 or 2 of the books in the series.

grryf