Re: UN to take control of the internet on oct1.

I watched that YouTube video and can say that I never heard of that news source. So, I really cannot tell you  that it is a reliable source. I read that arstechnica article and it does make it sound like nothing major would happen. Let us set down and ask a few questions. Why the change? What is broken?  That arstechnica article indicate that it is just to remove an obstacle. What will break? What could go wrong? That YouTube video, if it can be believed, we really do not want the UN to get a hold of it. It brings up the question of  how much say will other countries have in this? Do we really want countries that are known for blocking sites to have a hand in the say so of how the ICan work? According to that arstechnica article the US still controls a large part of the net even after the changeover do to in part of agreements and a lot of providers and domain holders are in the US. I personally worry a bit about it myself. Now that the US is giving up control on the first of October, what will happen? Will they abuse their position? I don’t know. Part if not most of my worries could be dealt with if I knew how they would handle a big major tug of war between nations. I would like to know how they handle assigning domains myself. Anyway, I am not too sure how big of a problem this will be in the end. I also doubt we will feel the results of this on the very first day. It most likely will take a while before we see the results of the change over, and the question I have is rather or not we will like what we will see when that happens. By then, I doubt it would be easy to fix if it proves to be a major problem. This has been talked about in some corners for a little while. So, the date of the changeover does not come as a surprise to me. I do wonder if some of the info that Edward Snowden let loose caused any countries to really push this along. If so, ICan being turned over will, most likely, not change some of the spying that nations may or may not be doing over the net.