Re: six dragons impressions and questions

alright, I've now finished level 9 finally! The xp penalties for death in this game are quite yharsh. I was quite annoyed when a group mob hit me for over 400 damage and I died instantly, that is really! punshing it I think even for a group.
Still I'm now level 10 and can do quests again, hurrah! I would love to see that quests command, it's mentioned in the help for journal but I don't seem to be able to find it, which is a shame.

Now i can join a side in the war which is theoretically good, and can have a house and other stuff which is better.

i think finding quests in each area and having more trade skills are the things I would like to see most, though sieges look fun as do taxes, indeed I wonder if some of those other cities can be used for that? it'll be interesting to see, actually it would be quite cool if you could be sent on missions to gather taxes from npc villages on the map, to raide enemy villages and take them from the ot her side, or to go and defend one of your sides against an enemy attack, indeed being given missions is always nice in a game even if they repeat somewhat.

I always liked the idea of army command and doing it as a citizen might be good provided it's possible solo, indeed it might be a good way to get players involved in the conflict, particularly since the wilderness map is great and the idea of roaming around playing war games would be very nice.

I've seen other games that involve some sort of citty politics, but you have to roleplay hugely and basically be in with the gang, indeed some that have great systems (avalon particularly), really fall off since they're so! dependent upon other players. Since however the sides in classic six dragons are more stable it'd be nice to have a conflict you could participate in as a solo player, even if you could never actually win, eg, solo players can take an npc army and either defend against npc attacks or enga ge in attacks on npc settlements, maybe engage in some other war type missions like slaying enemy scouts or scouting yourself or taking supplies to armies in the field, ---- indeed as I said I love the wilderness map and more stuff to do there would rock, and make the times when there aren't any original quests a little less grindy.

Either way, glad to now be back on a roll so to speak, hopefully I can progress and won't get quite as stuck on one level for so long.