Here's how I understand it.

If you use something to boost the attack/special attack stat, then any move using that stat will get a bit of a boost.
Example: If you boost attack by 5 points (from 10 to 15) then the attack is 50% greater for all moves that use this stat.
Now, if instead you have a piece of gear like the Yellow Star, I believe it adds 30% to the power of any electric moves, physical or special.
Example: Sparking Tail is 90 power I believe; a 30% boost would make it effectively 117 power (30% of 90 = 27, 90+27 = 117).
Now as for figuring out which is better in any given instance, that will depend on the point of the game you're at.
Early on, Bone Dagger and Bone Dagger V2.0 rock, because they can boost attack by nearly 50%, and if you stick it on the right manamon, that's an enormous increase. Murkit benefits really well from this, as do Eagala and Leonra.
Later on, the percentage vs. the stat being raised is really th e kicker. If I know that my Frenrir is only going to be using ice attacks most of the time, I'll give him an Ice Dagger. If, on the other hand, I'm not quite sure what I'm gonna be in for but just want to jack my physical attack up across the board, I'll use a different item.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : enes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Cinnamon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : enes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : afsilva90 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : derekedit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : HummingBirdGuy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : HummingBirdGuy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : HummingBirdGuy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector