Re: Frandum, a primarily quest-based exploration Mud

[[wow]], again that was extremely quick. I'll look forward to checking it out, (though I actually need to get some work done this morning and not! be destracted by playing frandum big_smile).

When reading the website, one thing I did notice is that it mentions maps showing what was close and not explored. I wonder if perhaps you might consider either adding that information to the areas command or adding another command such as "explored" to give you an idea rather like the directions command as to where the nearest unexplored space was, or indeed where in a given area an unexplored space was.

For example either "the nearest unexplored  area is a short way to the south and a little to the east" or "In this area you still haven't explored to the south and west" depending upon how specific you'd want the information to be. < br />I think i'd appreciate that sort of command in an area like midwod or tumulous where I currently have a large number of the points and am just trying to work out where the last few might be, ---- of course assuming that the extra points are connected to places I've not been rather than just things that haven't occurred to me in areas I've already visited.

Btw,one more specific question on the Marius and flora quest in tumulous (beware! anyone who hasn't explored tumulous, here be spoilers!).

when Marius originally said that he was too poor to propose to Flora,and that he needed a tocan of his love, i had the idea of giving him the gold nugget and ring from Barny's bar. It turned out though, this wasn't how to do the quest, I needed to use the pen and paper to write and give the letter to Flora, however once handed over I couldn't get the gold and the ring back from marius in order to pawn them for cash.

Is there someth ing like the Eamon "Request" command to use when you've given the wrong quest item to an npc? or might they give things back to you? I did ask on chat and someone mentioned a "theft" command, but I don't know if I want to go down that route since most npcs are pretty tough given my current combat abilities.

As I said, loving the game, particularly how most clues to do things are somewhat logical, even if some areas do leave me a bit confused in places.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector