Re: Code 7 - A fully-voiced text adventure

First of all .. again thank you for all the feedback. I'm going to answer each question individually now:

[ a-t ] Naruto
i'm going to make the room names be spelled out exactly like the passwords, so that no one gets problems like this again. have it on my list.

[ a-t ] stewie
as for the mails.. well.. we can come up with a solution i think. when i wrote it i realized that it wasn't good, but I couldn't think of a better way then. how about this: with the up and down arrows you are currently already choosing which mail to open.
I could add a left and right key that would allow you to switch between or restart the voice output at the fields of the mail like ...  To, From, Subject, Mail, Attachments .. Did I understand correctly? Then I'll put it on my list for the next build.

[ a-t ] Chris
yes, there will be a mac version soon. I'm just focusing on finishing it on one platform and then porting it to the other. I'm a mac user myself so there's no way i'm not going to try to make it work on mac as well. but i'm not sure how to make the voice on a Mac stop yet and the sapi needs to be interrupted in several situations.

[ a-t ] Nick
you were expecting a documentation file? the game is designed to always tell you what to do. what would you expect such a documentation to include?

[ a-t ] harrylst
for now the visually impaired mode switches the language to english, because we don't have german voice actors and the german version is only for the text output. i thought it would be weird to have a mix of language when you can only hear.
the german version does output a translation for what the voice actors are saying, but i also don't want to replace the voice actors with the sapi voice. i could do that if you want that though? but it would take away a lot from the game.
if we reach an insane amount of 40000€ we'd get to the german voice actors stretch goal but that seems totally out of reach. not sure how to do that.
what do you think about this? should I still add the german version? It would be german sapi, but the characters that you're talking to would still always speak english.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : harrylst via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : animal metal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jinnlty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : animal metal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kevin . glaap via Audiogames-reflector
[...]
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicfairy via Audiogames-reflector