Re: Warsim, text based randomly generated stratogy

Hi.

this version of the game really rocks, I particularly like the way that things on the exploration map are so much easier to read.

I'm getting into the game and I have a few comments and suggestions, from the simple to the complex.

1: Betting in the arena is sort of nuts at the moment since you can pretty much earn close to 25 k per go if you bet right. that was how I defeated the rebels this time, basically I bet in the arena, bought all the palisade upgrades and the recruitment upgrades and then basically just attacked and destroyed more of their lands each turn.
It seems sort of insane that you can earn more money from gam bling than taxes, and that the arena would let you bet that much.

I'd therefore consider perhaps letting you only bet on 10 fights each turn, win or loss. In compensation though, perhaps raise the amount of cash you get from harvest taxis so that your actually making a prophet at default.

2: It seems peasan ts are really hard to get hold of. i know you can buy slaves and indeed get goblins, but it seems a little odd knights train peasants into soldiers but peasants don't replenish. I'd therefore suggest perhaps having the number of knights and recruiters even at the start of the game so that you are more likely to keep up your peasant supply, indeed I'm currently having to convert half of my knights to recruiters from the noble quarters each turn to keep up with demand on peasants.

3: Miner interface suggestion, it'd be nice to see the total gains and losses you have on the kingdom report since by the time I've read through how much I've paid and how much had stolen etc, I'm not really sure how my finances are going. it'd be nice to just see "You made x amount of gold and you lost x amount of gold" at the top before the breakdown of what came from what.

4: Miner name change. "recruiter" doesn't sound as if it is for recruiting peasants, it actually sounds as if the recruiter should be like a military recruiter and recruit troops. I'd suggest this be changed to something like "sherrifs" ie, the people who were in charge of medeival peasant villages.

5: Okay, speculation time. Speaking of peasant acquisition, one statistic which might be cool might be population growth. Say you start with a certain amount of peasants. Each turn your peasants have a certain amount of children. every turn a proportion of those children grow up and add to the ranks of your peasants. However, if too many of your peasants are killed or converted to soldiers, children die off. Obviously there are other things you could do with this, buying slave children, liberating children captured by bandits, having some children die of disease etc, however it could be a fun statistic and a realistic way to maintain a population, ---- partiuclarly if factors like choosing a race come into the game later since some races could have different birth rates or different growth rates.

As a baseline for humans I'd suggest that the peasants produce roughly one tenth of their population in children per year, and of those children one tenth grow up to be peasants. So if you start with 1000 peasants, they will produce 100 children and 10 children will come of age to become peasants in their turn, though obviously any peasants conscripted into the army won't be producing children, (they'll be too busy fighting).

6: At the moment it seems alliances are rather one way, in that you get stuff from other kingdoms. it would be very cool if, when allied to someone, you could be dragged into a war with someone else. I'm thinking particularly of the independents and goblins here.

these are what I'm thinking thus far. There are some aspects of the game I've not got into yet such as arena fighting, but I'll see, I definitely like the game so far.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : icemaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector