tools for helping translating documents

hello,
I would like to ask if you guys and girls know of software that will help me translate documents more eficiently?
I was thinking of software that remembers my translated work so that if I translate the same sentence again I can use the same translation or software which segments documents for me into smaller peaces so that I am sure that I translated the entire toducment?

with kind regards, Mslion