Re: Timecrest: The Door major update with VoiceOver

@Cowbunny, glad to help. Timecrest isn't actually in the database yet, I'll need to write out an entry for it, though i will want to see a little more of the game before I do that so that I can give people an accurate idea of what the game is like, particularly in the ways that it differs from games with a similar gameplay style.

Btw, I do have one bare bones practical question. Is there a way to get the item overview of items in the merchant tab? It'd be nice to know for example what an aura potion is, however when I double tap on it I get the choice to buy it, ---- or rather i get told I don't have enough gold to buy it big_smile.
I've tried two finger double tap but that doesn't work. Do the Merchant's items get explained in the course of the story?

In terms of choice, some middle of the road responses would be nice. For example, when Ash learns a spell (I won't say where when or how for sake of spoilers), your choices are either "it seems cool" or "It seems lame"

However telling Ash that the first spell he's managed to learn is "lame" is insensative to say the least.
It'd be nice if there was a more middle of the road option, eg "It seems interesting but I'm not sure how much use it'd be" or "Awesome you learned it but the spell itself doesn't seem that great"

My only access suggestion currently is that it might be nice if there was a way to instantly get vo back to the last system message after a break without having to swipe through all of the other incoming or previous messages.

Though vo counts these as "buttons" I've tried the rotor control, but I couldn't pick up any buttons on the screen, the only option was headings. Would it be possible to make the system messages such as & quot;Ash is running", or "Ash is busy" come up as headings so that they can be got to immediately? or heck, just hav vo recognize them as buttons.

This would also help in the history if you wanted to look at say everything back from your last choice.

In general on access I really! like what's done, particularly when you explain graphical elements like the circling dust, since I could see something blue on the screen but no idea what it is so that's one area where the explanation goes along with my remaining vision, which is great.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Kautilya via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cowbunny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kingzombie via Audiogames-reflector