Re: Audiobook player for Windows?

There's about a hundred things I like about foobar, but since you're an audio book listener, I'll simply leave you with three of them:
1.  Creating a playlist is as simple as pasting a folder into the foobar window, but assuming you don't like that option, you can just as easily hit control a from within the folder itself and hit enter, assuming you have foobar set up to play all supported filetypes.  Once this is done, you can minimize foobar to the system tray and use global shortcut keys to accomplish everything you could possibly wish to, which brings me to the next of my favorites:
2.  with global shortcut keys, you can rewind and fast forward through your files by as little as 5 seconds or as much as 10 minutes by simply tapping the key you've set up for this action, as well as muting, raising and lowering the volume, creating volume presets, playing, pausing and stopping without ever touching the foobar window.  You can even install a plugin that will give you a little convenient edit box to type a time you can jump to in a file.  More or less any action you could possibly think of is doable through shortcut keys, and you can set which ones are global and which one's aren't.  Under most circumstances foobar shortcut keys, when made global, will take precedence even over windows features, such as the print command, so if you decide to use control p as a play or play/pause key combination, you will never have to worry about accidentally printing a file you're working within... I like this feature for notetaking purposes.
3.  I imagine everyone who reads audio books loves an autoresume feature, in the event you should have to clothes down your application and you wish to get back to the precise point where you left off.  Perhaps you paused it and then later forgot before restarting your computer, or you closed the application while the book was still going.&nbs p; Under either circumstance, foobar can be instructed to continue playing the next time it opens from right where you left off.
Foobar is, out of the box, strictly an audio player, but many pplugins have been developed for it to play various filetypes including popular video formats, as well as playing files from right within archives so you never have to extract them.  You can brows files from within foobar or never interact with the window if you choose not to.  You can use it's library or organize manually.  You can take your configuration with you to any other windows PC so you never have to recreate your settings again... I like to keep my config in a BTSync folder where I can conveniently access it and add or subtract from it for quick and easy transfer from one PC to the next, but any alternative will do.  I can't like winamp anymore.