Re: ft...@home.samtupy.com

To be honest you  don't need much.
You need something called coolsoft virtual midi synth and  a  soundfont.
You  can search one on synthfont  or personalcopy.net and just look round for xg and gm sound fonts.
I have about 2gb of stuff just hunt round, synthfont has a lot of older ones, I have a lot of ones the arachno font is good and there is others.
For those that don't know, a soundfont is basically a set of instruments for a use on keyboard or midi sequencer software and while not as good as actual soundcards should be good.
Bassmidi is another good synth though I found coolsoft a bit better.
One thing to note, you do need admin access and you do need to install the midi synth into the system where it will install and modify some critical system files so it can work right.
Once the emulator is installed you can upload up to 10 fonts into it, usually 1 general or xg bank is all you need.
There will be so me delays on playing fonts but its generally what I use.
I have pulled a lot of things, old adlib cards like the sb16, the gameboy, the nokia midi device, the gravis ultrasound, and others.
From my grandpa's old xp system I have the fonts which make up the data core of the basic soundblaster live card as well as true yamaha opl2 and 3 fm midi emulaters.
I also have my friend's gaming grade cmedia 5.1 midi synth font file.
Other tools you will need which will be linked to on some pages are sfarc and older sfpack archiver programs for fonts to be extracted.
The only real file you need is the .sf2 file.
The ftp directory seems to be down, but if people want you can get my stuff though to be honest 99.99999% of it I pulled off the net so just do that.
The first place apart from personalcopy.net which has some really cool ones is synthfont who have links to just about every font there is.
A lot of the older smaller rubbish came from lisat er I think it is a sweedish ftp with a lot of older and crappy emulation units from the 500kb to several older 8mb sound cards pre 90s stuff.
I even have the snes and standard nes and sega varients.
The only fonts I am missing right now are the c64, atari, bbc, amiga all of them and apple fonts and acorn fonts which I would like but heck I have at least2-4gb of files and most of the time I stick with the high quality ones.
One thing to note, if you don't use at least an i5 duelcore 4gb ram unit with win732 bit at least you can forget it or at least forget anything high spec.
Even my system is close to breaking with a high speced font.
Not all fonts have all the instruments either so can sound weird.
Lower soundfonts are crappier or may not have the right quality but a good one is the personalcopy lite from personalcopy.net which doesn't have one of their grand pianos but basically everything else.
Foobar can aparently play emulated stuff in whatever you want to but I have not bothered.
with winamp, I forget the site, but you need to find someone called mark hendric or search for the winamp 2 midi plugin.
Thats because v2 supports fonts and all versions over v2 have issues with volume not being at max when you play.
Its also more stable.
You may need another reader or sighted help to configure things right.
Also some updates may delete from the media list the vertial emulator.
If that happens install it again or update it to the latest version, the latest is 1.17 and has been that way for some time.
If you do use xp and under, you can get cracked ofcause since its not sold, the roland vertual sound canvas which I found a bit to bright or the yamaha 50 syxg which is cool and has a few things to install.
However its off 4shared and may contain some malware or so which you will have to kill afterwards.
The cleaner and safer option is coolsoft by far but you need the guts to h andle that.
One thing to note that if your fonts are big enough a 4gb ram duel i5 should be able to play at least via software a black note midi without any crashes at all.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tspivey via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : austingrace via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : StormProductions via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dragos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : StormProductions via Audiogames-reflector