Installing Android 7.0 on my Nexus 7 2013

Hello all,

I am attempting to flash a custom rom for Android 7.0 onto my Nexus 7 2013. I've downloaded a custom rom based on AOSP and a Micro Gaps package that contains the google apps. I'm having some issues getting started. I can't figure out how to put my device into fast boot mode. When I connect it to my Mac and run ./adb reboot fast boot, the device is rebooted and TalkBack comes back. How do I put my device into fast boot mode? I think I can do it from that point. I've downloaded the TWRP recovery .img file onto my Mac so that I can flash it and then the rom and the Gaps package. What am I doing wrong here?