Still major problems with steam.

Hi.
I still have some big problems with steam, regarding navigating the interface.
I have everything set up correctly and I am logged in and I also have the NVDA OCR addon installed and have the window with my library, friends, game search and so on.
But I don't know how to navigate properly through the program, I somehow managed to instal a game, but I honestly don't know how I did that. I also can't change the location where the game should be installed, I don't want to put every game on to the SSD..
I hope that someone can help me with the steam client.
Thanks in advance.
Greetings Moritz.