Re: Helping a friend to study in Brazil

Hmmm, Hi.

I'm not unsympathetic to the idea, but I'm afraid the information you've provided isn't exactly the sort of information that would cause me to donate to the project.

Yes, I get that this university in Brazil is a good university, which you say aren't very common in South America. However, if this is just for your friend, why should I particularly care that he (I assume it's a he but I'm not even clear on that), gets to go to university?

Is he likely to bennifit from it? Has he had an interest in education? does he want to have a career that a university education would help with.

These are the sorts of questions I'm more interested in, the personal ones, ie, which person or people I'm actually going to be helping, not how great the university that they're going to is.

I'm not saying I'm against the idea, only that the way you've presented your arguement isn't really en couraging me to donate specifically to you, ---- heck by this reasoning I should actually donate the money to my own university since it's one of the best in Britain.

Could you please let us know a little more about the person or people who we're actually going to help, and what sort of differences donations might make, rather than just telling us how great this university is.

Also for myself and other none spanish speakers, an English page would be appreciated since just for security reasons I probably wouldn't use a paypal or credit card transfer link on a page I didn't understand (I could be donating to the mafia for all I know! big_smile).

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh or uncaring. I'm certainly not unsympathetic to the idea of people trying to get an education, or the problems in other countries, heck, my godfather runs an orp hanage in Peru which I donate to, however manifestly there are a lot of problems in the world, and people only have a limited amount of money and time they can devote to any given thing.