Re: facebook is now a public entedy?

Dark sounds a lot like me. I have my things like these forums where I try to be sociable. Other than that, I'm pretty much, very introverted in that I much prefer to entertain myself with something to listen to such as an audio book, or an audio described movie or TV show, or to play games on the computer, rather than going out somewhere. I've been that way my whole life, not just after I lost my vision.

Those are two other reasons why I quit social media. I don't care what you are eating or that you are waiting for hubby to come home or how highly you think of yourself over others. Yes, tell me about interesting or special events in your life, but please spare me the running commentary on your day to day life and all its boring drivel.

And then there's my sister and her husband, back in 2012 they were working for Mitt Romney's campaign and all their posts on facebook were political advertisements. I logged on to facebook to get away from that crap, that was the last straw for me, I deactivated my facebook account and never looked back.

And from what I can remember when I did try social media before I lost my vision, even for a sighted user, their user interfaces where very cluttered and confusing. You could improve things a little by using their mobile sites, but not by much.

My opinion of them now is that they are not much more than a convenient way to waste time, and if I want to waste some time, I'll take a nap or turn on the TV.