Re: lord of the rings tactics

well with a bit of trial and error, things are going rather well so far.  The only issues I'm having are the follwing:
sometimes, such as on bonus battles, the enemy likes to get out of range of all my units when there is only one left on their team.  Any ideas on dealing with this?
secondly, I cannot figure out for the life of me how to purchaise skills and items.  I have a list of them, but when on the stats screen, no button appears to do anything so I'm very confused.
Loving the game though. smile