Re: Redspot players... question for you

So character advancement and keeping your stuff when you log out: no.  I'm totally against this.  This is a game that presents an opportunity for someone to log on, fight, and log off.  If there were character progression, people could log on, get 100000 health while no one else was on, and everyone else would have zero chance.  I do think it would be neat to reward players for their effort, though, and here's how I propose it:

Each kill is worth a certain amount of points, dollars, whatever.  When you kill someone, your account gets that amount of points.  You can also sell items for points -- have 12 jets, just sell 10 of them and you're set.  When you die and respawn, you can be taken to a store where you can opt to spend your points on a few items, ammo, etcetera.  That way, when you respawn, you can come into it slightly better off.  Of course, you can opt to spend none of these points and come in with a defaul t set of gear.  I don't think, though, that the points should be allowed to get too out of control.  One of redspot's charms to me is the ability to get on and fight without having to deal with people that have been grinding health or items for three months, and by then become virtually unkillable.

  BTB had this problem -- people would have purchased like 8000 health upgrades and someone just starting has zero chance to gain anything because, well, they  were outmatched by those that got ahead quickly.  I am in agreement that redspot should be kept on as level a playing field as possible.

As to the new upgrade, a traylor would be great, but, hands-on time with it would be better.  Make a timed demo or something -- you get 3 hours of playtime.  With redspot, that'll go quickly.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Merin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : HummingBirdGuy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Quasar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Merin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : krishna via Audiogames-reflector