Re: problem updating windows 7 home premium to ultimate

Hello Figment,
Thank you very much for your tip with the inplace-upgrade, which eventually did the trick! I was able to do a repair installation of my current Windows 7 home premium version with an ISO-image, and afterwards, the anytime upgrade worked.
However, at the beginning, I didn't realise that I had Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop already. The windows anytime upgrade somehow got stuck when searching for updates, so I rebooted my machine. After that, the anytime upgrade option disappeared. It took me some time to realise what must have happened, WAU must have upgraded my computer when I rebooted, and I couldn't realise. Anyway, now that this is done, I am just more than happy! big_smile
@Afrim, I must admit that I don't really like the idea starting completely from scratch again, as long as there is another workaround that doesn't require a comp lete harddrive wipe.