Getting the Gate to work on Mac: File Question

For several weeks now I have been attempting to get VgStorm's The Gate to work on Macintosh. I thought with it being so close to Halloween it might be fun to give Mac users the experience of playing this game I frankly find cool. I have not had any success doing this, until recently. Can anyone tell me what elias.dll is? Because I can just delete the Wine wrapper file and reinstall if needed I've started experimenting and one thing I did was delete that dll file. Before the game would not load. I would hear the first cut scenes but then get nothing. I haven't played through it yet to see how well it works but now I am able to start playing through the first level. Can anyone give me any assistance here?
Holden