Re: Nearby explorer or Seeing eye GPS?

I need my maps to be as reliable as they can possibly be. Plus, data is sort of a premium on my phone at this time if you consider 3 gigs a bit of a premium. LOL. Being able to shut off the data and still use GPS is a plus that nearby explorer has. Then again, the argument of the maps being updated easier maybe a plus for the seeing eye GPS app. To me, it is sort of clear what to go with when it comes to looking at what I have, but I really do not want to be hit with a nasty surprise if map updates cost prove to be a hidden cost. Does anyone know if APH charges for the map updates for nearby explorer? I am assuming that part of the cost of seeing eye is for map updates. What does seeing eye offer that nearby explorer does not? As for blind square itself, I know it uses foursquare for its info and I always thought that foursquare was this thing where people checked into different places or something. That did not quite sound like what I was looking for. What I am looking for is a g ood O&M aid that could clue me in to what might be around me and could possibly direct me to somewhere I might wish to go. I know that whatever I get will not replace my cane, but the more of the kind of info that may be of interest to me would be helpful.