Access Darts (iOS 9+ Universal)

Hi,

I've been working on a traditional darts game for iOS, it's been out a week or so, though I'm not really promoting it yet.

It's a graphical game I made with switch users, but from the start I've built in an audio layer for blind/VI players.

Had a dozen or so blind and partially sighted testers and have managed to implement all feedback so far, although I'm still working on online multiplayer via Game Center. At the moment you can play two player games on the same device or against AIs as a single player. After feedback I've also added a free throw mode, so people can play alongside a real dartboard down the pub etc.

It's a game of timing so requires a precise single tap. Except for the Game Center stuff, which is all native controls, VoiceOver needs to go off after launch. The game self voices in English only at the moment. You can force speech from the Access Darts entry of the main iOS settings which will disabl e the option to turn it off after you start the game. Other speech and sound options are also provided inside the app - sonar on/off, speech rate, english dialect etc.

Leaving the app alone for 15 seconds after launch will set a fallback accessible mode - this lowers speed, turns on speech, enables sonar and scanning. Scanning steps through the menu options in a sequence, more common approach for switch users I guess - but just single tap when you hear the option you want. Restart the app and wait 15 secs if you've chosen options which make the game inaccessible.

Two finger taps (need to be clean) while playing the game change the speed - speed determines if the sonar mode announces the numbers as speech or uses bell tones during the first stage of a throw when a target slice is chosen. After a slice is chosen the sonar cues are all tonal - marking out the bull, double and treble score beds. Tones need to be predicted rather than reacted to as it's a quite a fast game even on slow speed. There's an update waiting for approval on the app store adding another slower game speed mode which also announces slice numbers using speech - it's about half the speed of the slow mode in the current release.

A three finger tap quits an active game but elsewhere turns scanning on and off.

Feedback appreciated - especially if you're unfamiliar with a traditional dart board which I've found quite difficult to describe as text or represent as sound - it's a fairly complex target.

I've put up some promo codes here just for audiogame.net users.

https://blog.cognable.com/promocodes-audio-games/

Thanks,
Simon