Re: Microsoft: Continuing Xbox Accessibility

The ag7 microphone isn't detachable but still sounds quite good. It's easy to use as well. Below I've posted a sort of guide/idea of what the ag7 is like to use.
First off, I'm going to talk about stuff that's not necessarily related to the console side of things, just general stuff and other things you can do with the headset.
Let's start with the box, or rather, what's inside it.
Inside the box you get two types of cable, a micro usb which is used to charge, but to be honest you can actually use the same cable as your controller or, well, any device with a micro usb really, to charge this. I think this is one of the coolest things about this type of cable. plus if you lose it you then have spares, in theory.
The second type of cable is a sort of patch/line-in cable. This is great because you can just plug these in like normal headphones to any device, if you want to. It's good for an initial sound quality test because y ou can just get your phone out and plug them in if you want. However, bass boost mode and, I believe, microphone won't work in this style of use. I could be wrong about microphone though. Also I don't think you have to turn on the headset to get them to just start working when plugged into line in/3.5 mode.
Now though, we get into what I think's the coolest part of it all. The whole reason why these are designed for the xbox one.
You get a usb dongle that you plug into the console. I'll just step back a sec and talk about usb stuff for a bit.
The console, I think, has three USB ports total. Two in the back, and one at the side, unless you get a 1 s in which case it's on the front. What I've done, is actually plugged in a normal, four-port usb hub into the side port, because I've got quite a lot plugged in. The good thing is even with a hub plugged in, the console will still recognize the dongle which is awesome. This could be useful for stuff like external hard drives as well, as you could have the hd and the dongal plugged into the same hub.
Now, back to the AG7. Everything's on the left ear/side of the headset.
On the top part of the ear you've got a round button, this is your power button and mute button. You hold down the button to turn on the headset, and you hear three beeps. You'll hear a fourth sometimes straight away, sometimes a little after, that tells you the headset is successfully paired with the dongal.
Now, if you just press the round button, you will mute and unmute your microphone. You can tell if it's muted or not, because when you speak you'll be able to hear yourself.
The microphone is one that slides in and out. I think there might be some plastic on it to start with, I'm not too sure though it's been a while since I've unboxed mine.
Anyhow, if you slide the mic out you should be able to hear yourself quite clearly, it might take some fiddling with you can sort of move it back and fourth a bit to get it near your mouth, but I've heard reports of some people not able to move it near enough.
Below this round button, is a triangle button with a dot on it. If you press this button, it toggles bass boost mode. I don't know what holding down the button does, if anything.
To turn off your headset, you just hold down the round button for a few seconds. You'll hear three beeps descending.
On the headset there are also a micro usb port and a 3.5 port, these should be quite obvious they are on the left hand side somewhere. Not on the top panel though. I'mt rying to figure out how to describe where they are.
To get the micro usb to go in, it's not like the controller where the bumpy bit is on the top. Instead the bumpy bit has to, I think, be on the left. Or it might be right. I keep forgetting. If I find out next time, I will let you know.
I recommend turning off y our headset each time you power down our console as well, so that the battery life doesn't get used up as much.
Also, there are times where the microphone might sound like it's working, but actually isn't. This happens with party chats. Usually, turning off your headset (keep the console on!), unplugging the dongle, waiting a few seconds, plugging the dongle back in, then turning on the headset and allow it to pair up again, should fix the microphone problem.