Re: make unity 3d accessible

Hi frastlin,

that's very cool, thank you for the template. I just downloaded it and gave it a try.
Would you be ok if I gave you a bit of feedback?

At least on my computer, the default save location for the log file is access protected if Unity is not run in administrator mode. This might not be an issue for everyone, but I could imagine that it could throw off some users.
Also, the log file belongs to a project, you wouldn't want it to mix with log files from other Unity projects.
My suggestion would be to use the project's data path as a default.
The file would be created in the Assets folder of the project. This is both easy to find, and you won't be getting an access denied error. It would also be a good default for any new project.
To set the path to that, you could simply add the following line right in the beginning of the constructor of MyDebugger:

LogPath = Application.dataP
 ath + "/Unity_Logfile.txt";

The most important issue is that the main scene has errors. The sample app doesn't run properly and throws an error.
This is due to some broken game objects in the scene. There is one object that is called "Missing Prefab" which has nothing on it. Then there are two objects with blank names. One of these has a missing script and a camera on it. The other has a sprite renderer with a missing sprite and another missing script.
In addition to the blank object containing a camera, there is also another camera object in the scene. Neither of the two cameras has the main camera tag. The one with the blank name is also disabled. Because of that, the script ExampleScript.cs crashes in line 26, when it tries to access the main camera.

Lastly, I wrote a quick and dirty Unity plugin that uses NVDA to read out the items in the scene hierarchy. I tried to use Tolk, but it wouldn't recognize NVDA, and t he Jaws API isn't Unity friendly enough, because it is 32 Bit. Maybe that is something worth integrating into your template project?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mikrima via Audiogames-reflector