Re: CompTIA A+

The link in the last post directed me to a page about a security certification or something. I was immediately turned away by the coding aspect. I don't want to program. I've tried it and have found that I don't have the patience.

While I was doing more research on the CompTIA A+, I found some information about computer hardware. I don't know how feasible hardware repair would be. Any thoughts on this? I was thinking more about software troubleshooting such as reimaging computers and keeping them operational. I'm a little scared to go messing with hardware when I can't see the components which are getting smaller and smaller as we move to laptops and mobile devices.

As for the general computer science thing, I don't think so. I'm not going for that if I have to sit in a classroom for 2 or 4 years going through remedial classes and other garbage at some community college or university. I'd much rather go to a technical school or something that may provide better and more focused training. Any thoughts are welcome.