Re: Blind Gladiator available for iOS

Okay I've now bought the game and here are some thoughts.

I really like the sounds and idea behind the game here, particularly making it about roman gladiators, actually I'm on a bit of a Roman thing right now so that falls into that.
The announcements aare sometimes a bit forth wall reaking, but they're fun and I do like the idea of having duels, equpping and the next fight, although there are definitely directions with reandom battles and random items that could be played on here.

First, I noticed a couple of bugs in the tutorial. When the game started, I expected from what the announcer said that I'd have to dodge several attacks, however I just had to move my phone around, same happened when I had to actually fight.
Now, about the fighting.

At the start I was getting hit quite a lot and not doing so well, I think because I'd chosen a heavy equipment set. I then managed to win a duel, equiped the light armour, lightest sh ield and lightest weapon and am now absolutely paggering opponents since I'm dodging a lot of blows and able to attack very quickly.
There really needs to be some balance with different weapon types if the heavier armours and weapons are actually supposed to do any good, since right now it seems that the light and quick approach is the best just for not eing hit.
I do get the idea that heavier armours are supposed to involve the shield, but with the way the shield works by holding a finger on the screen, it's not as fast to use as a dodge.

The first thing I'd suggest, is giving a weight vs speed statistic, so that you can have an idea of how fast your gladiator is over all, indeed I didn't even know what armour, weapon and shield I'd started with originally thus I was having far more trouble in the duels than I should've done.

I'd then suggest modifying armour, so instead of armour simply directly increasing your hp, armour actually decreases your chance of taking damage, eg, heavy iron armour could give you a %50 chance of taking less damage when struck, thus compensating for the fact that people wearing heavy armour will get hit more often.

Likewise, heavier weapons could be harder to parry, after all if you swung an axe at an opponent at the same time they swung a dagger, your likely to knock their dagger out of the way and do some damage. Similarly, different strikes could be added, eg, hitting the screen in different places to attack different points on your opponent, just as you have to block three different types of attack.

In general the game is fun, and I like the attempt at customization, but balance is rather off at the moment, which is one reason why, once you have the right gear the game becomes rather too easy, indeed just as with space encounter, while I love how the game is put together in  terms of it's setting, atmosphere and everything else, I do wish th e gameplay and balancing had been thought out a little more to be a trifle more tactical and less of the simple hear and react style of thing we've seen rather a lot.

Certainly not a game I regret buying, but I am a trifle disappointed that after space encounter had similar issues, some other gameplay elements couldn't have been added to the mix.