Re: Windows 10, hopefully a decision I won't regret

@Zersiax, my lady has outlook 2010 on her win 7 machine, and it seems utterly unreliable. Message don't display correcty, the ribbon has so much by way of options, heck even reading and replying to basic messages is difficult owing to the tab options not seeming to work correctly, even right click on messages doesn't give you sensible options such as replying, likewise there seems a hole bunch of other stuff from spellcheck to calenda to summary on screen that I just don't care about.
This is why I'll probably look for a better mail program, even the default mail ap if it's as bare bones as the one on Ios and will work with my  public mail address. I'm also rather sorry that contacts list is gone, since it was always a convenient way of writing emails rather than being a slave to the complexities of auto complete or having to trawl an entire address book.

As regards Bsc titles,  I don't care that much about classic troopanum or pipe, since neither really had much gameplay wise that wasn't expanded in the sequels, this is why I never bought either classic game even back in 2006 when Bsc was selling games.

I may well want to play Hunter, Pipe 2 and Troopanum 2 at some point certainly, though there are other games I do need to investigate first and other programs such as Vipmud and Vlc I'm more concerned about that I know do work on windows 10, not to mention some newer games such as Manamon that I'd currently need to install on a Windows 7 machine to pla.
I'm also wondering at the moment whether to continue running Winamp or try something like Foobar.
Whether a program is supported doesn't bother me if it works, and I still do like winamp for most of my actual playing needs since it has such an uncluttered interface and convenient keys, not to mention plugins for game music formats I like.

One thing I do wonder about is people's issue with microsoft update. How much really does it cause issues? I had updates running on xp perminantly right up until support was dropped. I do understand the problem on windows 7-9, given that it tries to update to windows 10, but what is the problem in windows 10 itself?
My main concern is access to various things on computer, eg, the configuration files inside program files if I want to for example edit Swamp's key bindings, add some rythm rage packs or save my crazy party save file somewhere, not to mention the fact that I tend to use an external drive to hold all my audiobooks and other stuff, since I gather the harddrive is far more restrictive in windows 10 (one reason I want uac off).

I'm not exactly sure what cortana or edge are. Edge I gather is an alternative browser, though why it's needed I'm not exactly certain since ie 11 seems to work, although I don't like what it does with side bars and file downloads.

Likewise, in terms of newer applicat ions, I'll wait and see. Dolphin are doing compatibility updates with sn 16 at the moment so I'm not as worried with compatibility with native windows aps, though how useful they might be I don't know (I will have no use at all for a sport ap for example).

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector