Re: What kind of server would you recommend?

Thanks a lot guys. @Jack regarding Vultr: Currently, I'll stick to Lynode, because I just need a dashboard which is easy to navigate while concentrating on learning Linux. I really prefer your help though, since I might need to set up an other Linux server for a much bigger project in the future. I'll keep my Vultr account, and thanks a lot for the credit.
Regarding the Teamtalk server: I messed up the tar command, and confused myself by not knowing what was the server file without any extension, and what was the server folder. I found a documentation explaining more about the tar command, and everything seem to work.
I'm currently accessing the server using the root access. When the server is up and running, I'll start to read about how users and permission works.
Why does the LS command not tell if it's a folder? I find it difficult to know if it's a folder or a filename without an extension because the ls command doesn't say so.