Re: Steam and Star Wars KOTR

I suppose I see what you're saying, with the way it will automatically move you to intractable objects and so on. Of course I'm sure there are maps that would still require some vision to navigate as you wouldn't simply be able to navigate using intractable objects, and in general navigation and combat would both still be very difficult, I'd think - to say nothing of upgrading characters, dealing with equipment, and so on. I guess this is one of those situations where people have different definitions of "accessible" - I think the fact that a blind player is able to hack together some ways to accomplish certain tasks in the game is better than nothing, but personally I wouldn't call it accessible. But I'm not dissing anyone who would say this counts as accessibility - I'm just explaining why I was confused by the statement.

(Side note - KotOR was one of my all-time favorite games and a major influence on what I hope to accomplish as a developer, so I appreciate this conversation, and truly hope that someday blind gamers can fully appreciate this game, or something like it.)