Re: The official "Extended Clok mod"!

I actually went back on the game and tried it again today to see if they finally after all this time fixed the horrendous lag, and the answer is a resounding no. I just don't see how anyone, I do mean anyone could play the game with the amount of lag I'm experiencing, which, in my nearly 3 years of MUDding, I have never seen on another system as I have seen on this. This lag is so out past anything I have experienced on another MUD, it's just crazy. I know I have complained along this score before, but its honestly disappointing to me because I like what I see, but I just can't deal with a 300ms to 2s lag on every single command I type, whether its looking in a bag, reading a sign or whatever. And no, I don't consider the commands that give you roundtime to be lag because its a design feature, just to be clear, I have no problem with that. I don't know if its a bad network, bad code, or both, maybe the codebase is taking up too much memory on the mach ine and disk swapping is occurring. I never hear people talk about this so I'm curious, how do you get used to this lag. I not only can't, I won't. If you want people to play on your game then you need to do everything in your power to make the thing run smoothly and efficiently. MUDding is a dying art and everything is in competition, so fix your code. I think also if they know they have network issues, to be straight with the playerbase and maybe they can kick in to help get Clok running on a better server. It sounds to me like they got a sloppy coder or two on there not caring or not skilled enough to write clean, tight, efficient code. Man its so disappointing, I want to play, but I can't be dealing with that kind of lag on every single stinking thing I type, its like being on dial-up again. I don't expect anything to be done at this point, I'm just grumbling.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector