Re: Was I really THAT guy?

The problem with online interactions is that they are literally immortal. Even if this forum were to go down tomorrow, and all traces of it seemingly wiped away, there would be pages of it that had been cached, either through Google, the Internet Archive, or both. Or, of course, through various other lesser known services. That's a heavy load to bear when you know you've done something dumb or shameful.

I hate the idea that an employer could trace me just by a username alone, and that stuff I did when I was 13 or so, when I first got into using the internet, could be called into question if ever I get interviewed for a job. Never mind that, y'know, I was 13, and also, that it all happened damn near 15 years ago. So, believe me, I understand where you're coming from. But hindsight is always 20/20. What can we who regret our foolish choices do? Mourning the stupid things we've said on various virtual venues is fruitless, no matter how hard we beat ours elves up about it. I guess that all we can do is vow to improve our communication skills in the future, and hope that it amounts to something in the professional world.