Re: How is Alter Aeon as a single player?

ah, appologies if my comments about Druid came across as more proscriptive than descriptive, I am just having lots of fun with a druid as compared to when I got stuck with a clerric warrior, though admitedly that was back in the days before a lot of stuff got added to clerric such as summoning divine minians and making ungwents and things.
I'd rather not run around with a big bunch of xp just in case, but hay I'll probably go back to Kordan and do the level 14 quest just for the sake of the quest even though it's waaaay below my level because I like quests, so it doesn't matter too much, I enjoy the game for the exploring and questing more  than for just the xp gathering.

As to crafting, well right now you can make leather armor, though that is more a gymmic and a bit of fun for xp with corpses than making anything serious, and you can apparently make stone tools and weapons though I've not got the skill for that. Cooking I believe is in the works.
There are various enchant skills however for altering items you find, from tailoring to calving runes on them to blessing or enchanting items as a clerric.
My favourite thing in Alteraeon  however crafting wise is brewing. Druids can brew salves and tinctures with various effects, clerrics can brew ungwents, and thieves can brew poisons.

Brewing salves and tinctures is actually really useful as a druid since you can get some good  protections and affects from both, plus I do rather enjoy the process of gathering herbs and looking through them to see what I can make.
The real fun though if you want to get a bit mad scientist like is brewing potions as a mage, since you essentially stick stuf into a pot and see what comes out.
Sometimes it's something really helpful, sometimes it's something deadly, I even rather commically died after using a potion, not realizing that while it had a great protection spell it also cam e with a nasty bit of frost web to it too big_smile.

So, crafting in the clok sense of chopping trees and building things?  not exactly. However fun none combat stuff to dodo that involve gathering resources and playing with them to see what you can create? most certainly.