Re: virtual 'female companion'

@Turtlepower, I suspect the "in a box" comment wasn't a reflection of seeing a woman inside a glass cage, it's just a reflection of the unit itself, since manifestly this doesn't actually come with a representation of a woman kept in a box, it's probably just a small box shaped device with a video display.
As with anything though, it depends upon how it's used and who uses it, though whether the potential user is some slimebag who sees it as a domination game, or some lonely man who has fallen fowl of society's ridiculously stupid practices due to the rigmorole of dating and relationships, conventions that can be truly agonising or a lot of shy men I don't know.

Either way, the stupid company wants their money and if that means propheting from loneliness, sadism or just plane desire for novelty they'll do it.

Btw, Yes, society is hateful!

@Afrim, very much agree about dogs. I love my big black furry thing as my wif e calls reever.
One sad thing though you did remind us of is that my wife's guide dog died this christmas, of sudden undiscovered canser, not nice.
This is actually wy I've never been interested in virtual animal care games like firry paws, good though the design in firry paws is, since why the heck would I want a virtual dog when I have the real thing?