Re: Kickstarter Project for "A Hero's Call" from Out of Sight Games

Hey, thanks to all of you who continue to donate - we're up over $5,100! It's interesting - I think what dooms a lot of games on KS is a starting goal that just seems way too high to ever reach - yet at this pace, we may actually reach that sort of amount anyway, even though we started much lower. Definitely speaks to the enthusiasm in the community for this game, and we're very humbled by that.

Rich68 I appreciate you not wanting to rob a reward from someone who would have better use of it. A few things to bear in mind here:

First, you don't necessarily need to have any expertise or anything - after all, it's not a reward for us, it's a reward for you. The idea is for it to be an opportunity for people who are curious to learn more about the development process, get to know the team, etc., to have that chance.

However, we definitely don't want anyone to feel like they HAVE to talk to us, either. If you want to donate more than $100 but don't want to take one of the limited rewards, simply claim your donation at the $60 level, but make it a higher amount. Alternatively, you could always do a donation of $135 or more, making you a City Founder - then you'd get the easter egg mention in the game, but don't take away one of the limited "Council Member" slots, which means if you decline the conference call, you aren't preventing someone else from making a "Council Member" level donation.

About reverb: That's one of the things our sound designer is working on at present. In short - it will be featured, assuming we can get it sounding good. Obviously we don't want to include something that sounds like garbage. Not sure how in-depth we'll go - the first goal is to get a universal amount of ambient reverb for a map as a whole, so that the mines sound different than the forest, which sound different than the catacombs, and so on. Then there's the pos sibility of going in more detail to where different locations within that map vary based on the size and sonic properties of the space. At this point I can't comment on how far we'll be able to go with this, as it's very much a work in progress. All I can say is that I have the highest confidence in our sound designer to produce the best experience possible for you all.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
[...]
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : toto via Audiogames-reflector