How do I transfer whatsapp data from an iphone

I have a space problem on my iphone, so I would like to clear all my whatsapp data, which takes up over a gig (probably due to voice notes). But I would prefer to keep it on my computer if possible. Is there any accessible way to get it from my iphone to my laptop? I've tried exporting to dropbox but it doesn't work for all my chats (I don't know if there's a size limit above which files won't upload or something). Everything I've found on google so far has been completely inaccessible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.