Re: Ruler of Kings, epic story-driven browser RPG for roleplayers

Okay....rant/opinion time....sit back, grab popcorn and scrolll down and listen to my thoughts.....

1. Turns and wait timers.

I understand fully why they are there. I get that they are needed. But I disagree with having to wait several real hours to refresh any amount of turns. I'll draw a comparison to another game I used to play which used a different system, in that game you had an agility bar/stat that started off at....100, every time you did an action, searches, exploring and so forth it went down. However, if it went down to 1 (the minimum) you didn'weren't locked out. You merely had to wait 30 minutes for it to recharge and you could still do other parts of that game. That to me is a fair system, and you could in fact refill it instantly with in game items.

Again, that's fair.

2. Interaction or....ya know....lack thereof:

Okay. This is probably my pet peeve.

I get you have to get to level up to be allowed into the mul tiplayer part of things, but....okay, here's an issue I got with the game.

Why exactly, do you have to donate, to get the ability to private message people? When most* other games give oyu that for free as part of the game?

Why not throw in other benefits as part of the donation or member status. Yes, you get access to the brothel (which is AFAIK the only way to train one stat....which is odd), but if they...say...gave PMs as a donator feature and gave you....let's say....an extra 1% gold on each successful job or 1 extra FP for a constructive forum post....that could work too.

I'm not saying straight up give better items to donators, that's a crappy way to do things....but just other benefits to donating rather than PM access and access to one specific area. Yes, I donated. Yes I intend to get my money's worth out of the game....

Okay. Other thoughts...

1. Writing in olde English is...well....here's the thing. It's no t actually English. I could actually sit down and work out the correct High German or old Norse word order, but if gets kicked back I will not be happy. So....yeah. Also, Ican actually find texts from the medieval ages and study how they are put together, yet....that doesn't seem to  be how the game is put together, it seems more....Hollywood Old English, or what you assume it ot be. I may well sit down and go through  and start submitting texts to improve the Eld English side of things if I ever feel like it

Next up....what's with the characte r protrait, is there a way to hide that?

Also, random events. I've got a grand total of one in a day here. Stupid cat in the tree. It's a reason I took climbing as a skill JUST TO GET THAT DAMN CAT DOWN! And I still failed the skill roll.....gah....just....fine. That can can stay up there! It got up there in the first place....yet it's scared to come down? Seriously...... Also, curiously, cats we ren't mentioned THAT much in writings from medieval times, though admittedly there's not that many that survived...and you have to be picky bout which you source. There's a lot that are....shall we say....economical with the truth.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LadyJuliette via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LadyJuliette via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nina0116 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nina0116 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector