Re: Frandum, a primarily quest-based exploration Mud

Ookay, thank you for the clarification. I did not know that about British English and infants and all that. I've known some British people too (dated one for awhile, actually) and I would never have figured that out. But now I know, so thank you.

However, on a more somber note, I think I'm dropping this game for good. Going to outline a mostly spoiler-free scenario below.

slight
spoilers

Went to Sanctuary, tried to gain admittance, failed
Wandered around the outer wall, ended up in the ocean
Got onto the beach, accidentally stumbled into the city, died because guards attacked me on sight (there were two or three involved, including a patroller)
waited nine minutes, came back, figured out how to get a pass, moved 1 south (figuring Sanctuary was big and that it wouldn't matter). Got jumped by the patroller, hit hard, dropped my pass and fled north
guard now blocks my way into the city, so I bought another pass and owned it
went back into the city, and after a seventy-second game of cat and mouse, I died yet again because the patroller was still aggro and kept hunting me.

This really neatly highlights the issue with dropping stuff when you flee, as well as essentially wasting about 25% of my on-hand money. It also raises a point that it would be nice if all current aggro on you disappeared when you died, that way if the aggro you started up was as a result of a mistake that's now remedied, you wouldn't be attacked. In this case, the patroller had no reason to keep attacking me because I did have a pass (I owned the second one and never lost it), and the whole issue would've been neatly sidestepped if, after my death, that aggro would've gone away. I'm sure those patrollers aren't aggressive if you have a pass and are in the city legitimately.

This is pretty silly stuff to be existing after this much time, unless you're -trying to drive players off. I do recognize that you're doing a ton to improve the player experience, and there are a lot of things about this game that I really do like, but there are many that I don't. A light spell or torches that lasted a lot longer/were more plentiful would be nice. I can't count how many times I've been stuck in the dark because a torch ran out or because an area aas unexpectedly dark. I just...don't have the patience for this. I know I'm not going to find or do everything, and that's okay. I know I'm going to die. That's okay too. But this kind of hangup, as I mentioned above, is just ludicrous.

If I get really bored, I might start from scratch and try to get a better foot forward, but as it stands, I...don't think so. Sorry, guys. Questy or not, I really can't recommend this one.