Re: Requesting Moderators to Consider New Policy

Well with the business of being banned from games, the rules are already clear, however in terms of other arguments I'm not really sure if there is an easy way to actually   distinguish things enough to have any concrete rules about them, or indeed any easy way to  distinguish what is or is not an arguement, other than having moderators be on side and taking care of things when matters get personal and  flamy.

After all, I'd be willing to bet money that if we did write up some sort of official "no drama" type of rule, we'd then get a hole bunch of arguements about what  was or  was not drama, when someone was generating drama, who was responsable for the drama etc, quite aside from the fact that anything too clearly concrete would risk something like nazi moderation.

Unless it's something specific that is causing issues, like discussing bans from online games, I'm not sure there is much we can do apart from the general "be nice to each other" that we have at the moment.

Besides, usually the people responsable for the drama are either A, the people who categorically don't read the rules anyway, or B, the sort of people who  don't  believe the rules apply to them.

Rather reminds me of the time I was sitting on a train in the quiet coach, ie, the coach where  use of mobile phones for conversations wasn't allowed.
There was a woman sitting opposite me, chattering  away very briskly on her phone. When the announcement played, she said to the person she was talking to (who'd planely asked what the noise was).

"Oh, it's just a message about not using your phone!" big_smile..