Re: Trying Nvda

Well with crazy party at least, I just needed to lower the actual sounds and music in the game itself, ditto with Manamon, though I do wonder how this  will work in other games, particularly since I want to install rhythm rage today.

As far as voices go, I like the idea of the vocaliser addon since while I do have a decent sapi voice the lag is somewhat irritating and the dictionary often isn't as it should be. I'm a  little disappointed at the lag with the mobile voice too. I did sometimes use vocaliser for supernova.
The only thing that disappoints me a little in vocaliser is that Daniel is my only choice for a male uk English voice, I was rather hoping there might be an alternative since I do a lot of Daniel and it'd be nice if I  could give Nvda a different voice.

Then again just as others are used to eloquence, I do like orphius human voice alan (you can hear it in my smugglers 3 and fighting fantasy reviews). I never unfo rtunately could get on with eloquence myself, the English accent it has just sets my teeth on edge :d.

Btw, I have noticed one rather odd Nvda behaviour.
In the default mail ap, when I write a message, I don't actually hear the words spoken as I type them.

I can read the message fine, even read letter by or line by line, and commands like nvda up or down arrow work fine.
However, for some odd reason I don't hear what I'm typing.

I don't know how long I'll go on with the mail ap, it's possible I'll switch to something else later with better contact listing and folder support (I will probably look at thunderbird and perhaps the open source version of outlook express).for the time being this behaviour of nvda is a little strange.