Re: List of 1st person shooter games

@Kay, since when was psycho strike aa first person shooter? I thought it was pretty clear psycho strike is an action side scroller with  bit of stat management on the side.

@Phil, it actually doesn't surprise me that the gma used guns as a catch all for anything you aim and fire, it was developed with shades of doom in mind after all. But hay, nobody said every! good game has to be an fps. Actually I think a lot of the hype in the community about fps games is more people not knowing what fps actually means, hence why people want to assume every game with a gun is some sort of fps.

then again, in audio the perspective question which is where the very fp in first person shooter comes from is a little off anyway, since pretty much any audiogame with full 360 degree movement will be first person, if in a genre which in the mainstream often isn't, such as racing games or flight sims.

your classic side scroller or space invaders game has a far more p ersonal focus than  mainstream version since your effectively hearing things from the character's perspective at the center of the sterrio field as things move around you, rather than seeing the character on the screen move relative to  their environment.

either way, for sake of consistency I still would only tend to say something which has full 360 degree movement, and features a single character with a gun (or guns, counts as a first person shooter, ---- hell I developed the first person adventure games category just to cover stuff like Sarah, blindscape etc.