Re: Question about TTS and Screen Reader preferences

I agree with aaa
on about Tolk being good, though I have noticed windows 10 sapi can be more laggy than previously, especially when typing.
I agree with Aaron o tolk being the best option.
I know how much the sapi lag in windows 10 is program or  specific, since while I did notice it with narrator, equally I noticed it with nvda as well, where as something like kitchinsinc seemed okay using a 32 bit voice.
I suspect it's a little of both.

either way it's still true that sapi is the best free option for those who don't have a screen reader or who use one of the less common screen readers, hence why it's always better to have best of both worlds if possible.