Re: Aardwolf mud

I dunno. Aardwolf prides itself on its questing (not goals, questing) which is extremely repetitive and tedious. I'm sorry, but having virtually the same text spat at you every x minutes so you can get a handful of qp is boring. I want my goals to give me qp. Sometimes they do, mostly they don't. What's more, you're expected to get literally tens of thousands of quest points eventually so you can purchase the best gear, so you're in for the long haul. A lot of people on Aardwolf use bots/triggers/that sort of thing for questing, if that gives you any idea.
I also have some serious problems with the sheer lack of cohesion on that game. Mobs do random damage types (I once had a cow doing suction damage, and a tornado doing grep damage...what the hell is grep, anyway, except a programming term?), goals are rife with guess-the-syntax puzzles, and the tier/remort system is, in a word, brutal. Probably not as brutal as other mods, it's true, and they d o sometimes have double-EXP bonuses in play and whatnot, but it's still extremely repetitive. Take it from me. I have a tier 1 venomist (not a tier 0, which is what you start as), so I've been around the block a few times. I've also done approximately 75 goals, and frankly the only reason I was able to do some of them was by looking them up on the internet. If you have to rely on guess-the-syntax for artificial difficulty inflation, then you're doing it wrong as a programmer.

So this is the sort of place you go for mindless killing and questing. Its lore is basically nil. Its RP is basically nil. Its systems are very grind-oriented. Its cohesion is basially nil. Its goals can be interesting but usually involve guessing verbs or syntax. So...uh, yeah. Have fun, I guess? I pop in there every so often when I'm cataclysmically bored.